- Great opportunity to get a start in Hospital Pharmacy work
- Happy to split shifts between more than one locum
Client & Location Information:
Public hospital pharmacy located in Canberra close to big shopping centre, entertainment centre and lots of outdoor activities.
Dates: ASAP start for 1-2 months with a possibility to extend
Work hours: 8:30am - 4:30am or 9am - 5pm (7.35hrs/day 41min break) - depending on roster - 36.75hrs per week
Job Specification: As the locum pharmacist you will be working with a team of 6 other Pharmacists and 4 Technicians using the Merlin dispense system.
Your duties will include:
* Working mainly in the dispensary dispensing medicines for inpatients and outpatients
* Accuracy in checking prescriptions/medications for supply
* Counselling patients on medicines.
*Usual duties if not dispensary dispensing and accuracy in checking prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients, medicines reconciliations , medication reviews, discharge prescription reviews and counselling. Intermediate computer literacy is important. Some clinical ward work may be involved but not routinely.
* Registered as a pharmacist with the pharmacy board (AHPRA registration)
* Experience with Merlin dispense.
* Minimum 1 year experience in Hospital Pharmacy preferable but not essential
* Intermediate computer literacy
* Able to take direction well
* Must be prepared to undergo and pass a Police background check
Salary & Benefits: $50/hr+super Monday to Friday (locum to have at least 1 year experience).
Travel expenses provided (for locums outside of Canberra) + $500 per week accommodation expense
How to Apply:Submit your interest online, or if you are registered with us contact Sheryll directly for a confidential discussion on 1800 429 829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref: 200036990